Wednesday, August 23, 2006

PEEK-A-BOO!!


Hi there! I've been hiding out lately and my sister reminded me that I need to post!
So ok, I'll post! Now what to post about? Well not much has been happening here, and alot has been happening!
I got a call at 10:30 tonight and my boss told me that there was a situation going on in town and they needed a bus, so they called the Operations Manager and he went to get a bus. I went there with him and brought the bus to the command post. It seems a person got suicidal and locked himself in his trailer with a can of gas and threatened to take everyone out with him. Well the police did not want to take any chances, so they called us to help evacuate the trailer park (a block away from me). So we took the bus there and got the people and took them to a safe place until the negotiations and apprehension is over with. It is 1:15am and I am sitting here at home awaiting a phone call from the 911 center to tell me to go get the people and take them back home. Not too often a person gets a call from the 911 center, huh? It is usually the other way around.
Ah well, such is another day in the Life on Whidbey!!
Tune in tomorrow for the rest of the story.................

It may be that your sole purpose in life is
simply to serve as a warning to others.