Sunday, April 30, 2006

To get the camper....to NOT get the camper!!

Ok, I slept on it, and thought about it, weighed the pro's and cons:

Get it:
1 Only one can sleep in it, but I can use the car for a spare bedroom.
2 I've been wanting one for a few years.
3 Great for disaster preparedness.
4 I can make the payments now.
5 Cheap to haul.
6 Easy to use.
7 Will make a great spare room for my house.
8 Will get me enthused to go camping more.
9 The camper trailer I now have hurts my back to set up.
10 I will NEVER be homeless.

Don't get it:
1 Only one can camp.
2 I already have a camper trailer.
3 If I make payments now I cannot spend the way I am used to spending.
4 My tent trailer is cheap to haul too.
5 At $11,000 if I use it 7 days a year for 15 years it will cost me $100.00 a night to use, not counting the camp fees.

Okay, I like to spend money, and I have been trying NOT to spend money and get my credit cards all paid for in 4 years. My car will be paid for in three years, and then I'll have that extra $500.00 a month to put towards my credit cards, and I will then be able to put some money into savings for when I retire in 9 years.

But...It sure was fun to dream about for two nights, and if I get the strong feeling to get one later I can go through the same process. Heck, for that money, I might as well go to motels with hot running water and flushing toilets.
I love the smell of camp fires, and the community of people at the camps. But I already have the tent trailer and can use that if I want to go camping.

I feel like I have been put through a trial. I have been praying for the strength to curb my spending, and asking for the will power to stay away from the wrong foods. I battle obsessive compulsive disorders. I don't do anything small. If I do something, I throw myself totally into it! If I was to buy that trailer, I'd go buy the tent that goes onto the side of it, another canopy, a new ice chest although the one I have is perfectly fine all it needs is cleaning up, etc., etc., etc.!

Soooo, I guess I passed that test.

Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous.