Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ahhh, Frantic Friday is finally over!
Friday's are the busiest day of the week for me it seems lately.
I went to work at 8:00 and drove to Camano Island, then to Everett to a meeting, then back to Mount Vernon where I passed an R.V. place. (BIG MISTAKE)!!
I saw a Teardrop trailer in the lot. I love those things! I live alone and I don't need much room, so I have been thinking of selling my tent trailer I have. I haven't used it in two years and have decided it is because it really hurts my arthritic body to crank it up and level it out.
Well here is the trailer I have been drooling over for a few years just sitting on the lot yelling out my name, (Phyllis, come look!! Phyllis, come look!!)

Well I pulled into the lot and asked to look at it (OOOPS). The man was really nice and helped me into the trailer. It was really comfortable inside and perfect!



Just perfect! Except the price! $18,500. No thank you. I paid $4,000.00 for the tent trailer, and it is paid for! I told him I had a 1999 8' tent trailer that I want $2,500.00 trade in, and he said "fine". I told him I wouldn't pay more than $150.00 a month for payments. He said "fine". I asked why the other one over there was a thousand dollars cheaper, and he said he could make this one the same price, then as we were talking another guy came by and told him that there is a $3,000.00 rebate until the end of the month (Sunday). So that brings it down to $11,000.00. (hmmmmmmmmm). What to do, what to do, What to do, What to do!

I need to sleep on this one......What do you think? I know what the answer will be, but I need to sleep on it and really consider everything.
I want to travel when I retire, and this would be perfect. I can tow it with my MPV and take it to Alaska. It is much safer than a tent, and more sturdy during storms (which usually happen when I camp). It will be lightweight and cheaper to tow than other campers, and camp sites are easy to find. I will have a place to go to when and if the power goes out in my house and I need to cook. It would be a roof over my head if I ever lose my house and I am out in the streets. Hmmmmmm, What to do, what to do, What to do, What to do!

Well it is time to go to bed and dream of camping and traveling and the like.

Some people when they age try to turn back their odometers.
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.