Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ahhhh, another beautiful day in Paradise!

I just can't get over the beauty of nature in the Springtime! How a tree can burst into such beauty over night baffles me!
Today is the first day of 9 days off. I slept in until my phone rang at 10:00am. I answered in a grumble and the person asked for Brian. I said wrong number he then asked for someone else, and I again said wrong number. He said wait! Is this Phyllis in Washington? I said yes! He said "This is Donny, hold on, I have another call coming in, I'll call you back", and he hung up. I'm thinking who in the heck is Donny? I got up and went to the bathroom and my mind was wandering all over the place! First I noticed a southern accent and thought it might be my cousin Donny from Texas. Then my mind told me maybe he hit oil and wants to share it with his loving cousins!! Whoot! Then I was thinking how I was going to go to work and tell everyone I was rich but was going to keep working because they needed me there! HAHAHAHA Then I thought to go check my phone and see what the caller ID said. Well it wasn't cousin Donny, it was a guy I met from email jokes a few years ago. He called back and explained he called my number by mistake, so we talked a bit and hung up. Well shoot, it was a fun fantasy!
I went to Oak Harbor and got my hair done then went on into Mount Vernon to Costco. Along the highway there are groups of daffodils blooming in the median. They fall off the bulb trucks when they harvest them. I didn't see the tulips, then again I wasn't going to battle the traffic getting to the fields.
On the way home tonight I noticed the water was calm and the sun was going down so I swung through Coupeville and got this shot of the waterfront. It looked so serene.
We sure are lucky folks to live in this beautiful part of earth!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I signed up for an exercise class and was told to wear loose-fitting clothing.
If I HAD any loose-fitting clothing, I wouldn't have signed up in the first place!