PHONINESS: FALSE PRIDE -- LYING -- ARROGANT DISHONESTY -- A FALSE FRONT.
1. Have I done things for my family or friends to cover up a feeling of failure?
2. Do I give things to my family or friends to make up for past failures?
3. Am I too concerned about the impression I'll make on strangers?
4. Am I always trying to make an impression on my friends?
5. Do I try to use a fancy vocabulary, fancy clothes, fancy manners to cover up my feelings of inferiority?
6. Do I try pretend to be a great philosopher and moralist in my talk without living the principles that I say?
7. Have I been a hypocrite in practicing my A.A. program?
8. Do I try to "con" my family? My friends?
9. Do I even try to "con" God?
10. Do I lie to cover up my failures?
11. Have I begun to believe my phoniness and alibis?
12. Do I run down others just to build up my ego and image?
13. What am I going to do with my phoniness?
14. How can I have the honesty and openness to avoid phoniness?
Two more to go then we move on to step five!