Sunday, July 04, 2010

SELF-PITY

SELF-PITY: FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF -- WALLOWING IN MY SORROWS -- MAGNIFYING MY TROUBLES.

1. Do I ever think that I'm the only one in the world who has real troubles?

2. Do I blame my parents, or my boss, or "the world" because I had a bad start?

3. Do I think that I'm the only one who "never gets the breaks"?

4. Do I ever think that if I had more money or greater position that I would have been a big success?

5. Do I blame others for my own weakness?

6. Do I run others down so that I can build up my own feeling of importance?

7. Do I lack sympathy for others when they have trouble?

8. Do I lack real feeling and understanding for others who show a weakness?

9. Do I withdraw from the world, relishing self-pity in my loneliness?

10. Do I think that "nobody understands me"? Do I understand me?

11. Do I think God has deserted me? Or did I desert Him?

12. Do I use my self-pity as an excuse for all my shortcomings?

13. What am I going to do with my self-pity?

14. How will I have the love and honesty to overcome the temptation to self- pity and blaming others?

Well this is the last part of step four. Very thorough, don't you think? It sure helped me in how I see myself.

On to step five tomorrow!!



WITH LOVE
from the Top of the Hill group
840 17th St.
San Diego, CA 9210



Shared with love,
Candy Smith, Oak Harbor, Washington June 4, 1980
Phyllis Brett, Coupeville, Washington June 21, 1987

No comments: