Thursday, April 12, 2007

This-N-That

Good grief, it is Thursday night already!!
I have had another busy week.
Monday (as my sister told on her blog) I went to the pool for water aerobics and on the way to the car I stepped down from the deep curb and my knee went out on me and I lost my balance, and KA-BOOM!! I hopped a bit then fell flat on my face in the parking lot. Luckily I was holding the big towel in front of me which saved my face, but I still hit hard. It seemed like I was going in slow motion, I had time to think (well, my right knee is bad so I don't want to fall on that, so I twisted a bit to land on my left side, NO!!...my left hip is bad so I tried to put my hands out..NO!!...last time I did that I hurt my shoulders, arms and neck...)so I just went limp and hit the pavement yelling NOOOO!!! I was stunned for a minute and my sis and my friend came over asking if I was ok. My pride was hurt more than anything. I said I was ok, just let me sit for a minute. Then two guys came running over and asked if I was ok. I said yes, then they asked to help me up. That was a good idea because I had no idea how I was going to get up! They got me up and then one of the guys started praying right away for God to reach down and heal my knees and keep me from hurting! I thought that was so sweet of him and I prayed along with him. The people in my Church does that but I have never seen anyone else do that in public like that. I feel like I am protected by angels. I could have hurt myself really bad the way I fell, but I am only bruised a bit and my left upper arm tendons hurt but I am just fine. The chiropractor adjusted me Wedenesday and again tomorrow. I will go to aerobics again tomorrow night.
Tonight I had a meeting in Oak Harbor with developmentally disabled people from 14-21. We help them get in the public and learn how to ride the buses to and from work giving them the freedom to live their lives in the community. I love that part of my job. It is so rewarding talking with these people knowing that they really feel like part of the community! They have their independance!
Tomorrow after work is chiropractor, AA meeting, then rush home and make a big Greek salad for Sat night.
Saturday morning I have to be at Deception Pass State Park telling people about our buses and how they help the environment by keeping cars off the road. (Earth Day). Then after that I run home and get my salad and run to a potluck for our new Pastor-to-be-maybe. He is coming here from Colorado to meet us and see if he will pass our test. The leaders of the Church (can you imagine ME a leader of the Church????!!!) Well I guess I am, 'cause I am included in the dinner Saturday night. Then Sunday he will give a sermon. We are trying out a few prospects before we hire for good.
I am off Monday because I worked tonight and again this Saturday.
Well I better get to bed! Have a great weekend!!
Please keep Rocky and Ellen in your prayers.
Thank you!!

When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there.