Saturday, February 03, 2007

After the fire!

After the little fire I had in my house two weeks ago I am getting the after effects of it! All that yellow very fine powdery stuff that I sprayed out of the fire extinguisher is making my skin all rashy and ITCHY and my esophagus very painful!


I thought it was just nerves from the many memorials I have attended with the little fire on top of that. But I came down with a virus of some kind last week and stayed home Thursday. this last Wed I was at work and my chest was very painful. I was trying to burp, but the air bubble felt like it was stuck in my chest. I got home that night and was feeling feverish and the pain in my chest radiated around my back, and it felt like a big spasm. I called in to work and told them I might stay home again tThur. I woke up Thursday and could hardly swallow without my chest and back going into that painful spasm! I went to the doctor, and I did have a slight fever and I told her that I inhaled some fire extinguisher powder a week before. I looked up esophagitis and it can be caused by chemical irritation. She and I both agreed that it is the cause of the chemiclas that got in my esophagus and irrited it enough to cause all this pain. The virus I caught just made it seem much worse. If the pain is still with me on Monday, they will do an upper GI (YUCK) to see if there is anything to be concerned about.
The fever is almost gone today but the lump in my throat is still there.
From one thing to another. Such is life!
I am grateful today that this is just a passing thing!
There are so many other people that can't say this. My heart goes out to the people like Ellen that battle pain and sickness on a daily basis! God bless you, Ellen.