Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday???

I woke up today at 10:30 and walked around in a slumbered daze then at 1:30 decided to do the linens. When I came back to the bedroom I was chilled, so I jumped on the bed and pulled my down comforters over me and settled in for a long Winter's nap!! I woke up at 6:30 tonight and for the first half hour I was wandering around wondering what day it was, then when I sat down to watch the Oscars, Forest Gump came on. WHAA??? I walked back to my bedroom and saw that the sheets were off the bed and the cats are waiting for me to make the bed. Oh...it's still Saturday!!

Whew! Well that's great, 'cause I have a potluck to get ready for tomorrow. I am taking ham & cheese and turkey & cheese wrap sandwiches cut in small portions and some teriyaki wasabi meatballs. YUM!!
I have a few hours left of my Saturday so I am putzing as usual. Elliott just loves to watch me on the computer. I have a chair close by so Punkin & Elliott can sit close by me when I'm playing on the 'puter.

I found out yesterday that another friend of mine has been in the hospital since last Sunday on life support! She had flu like syptoms for a few days and finally her boyfriend made her go to the hospital and now she is barely hanging on to life.
She was sick for so long that her kidneys failed from dehydration. This is a wake up call for all of us. She is young, but the flu can still kill! Do not take it lightly. When you get sick go to the doctor!! Keep sports drinks in your refrigerator, and homemade chicken soup in the freezer. Theraflu for feverish symptoms, and drink lots of water, and CALL YOUR DOCTOR!! People need to be aware that even if it is not the bird flu, it can still kill. Two 2nd grade students died of this flu just about a week ago in the Seattle area.
Take care of yourselves folks!!

I was at a two day course this last Wed & Thur. NIMS ICS 300 This class follows the ICS 100, ICS 200 & ICS 700 which I took online. Egads, but the government can get pretty confusing!! Because in 911 we lost over 300 rescue personell, and during Katrina numerous lives were lost and everything was chaos, we are now required to take this training. I know, I am no longer in the Fire Department, but with the transit system here, were are the lead in Island County as transportation. So if any disaster happens, they need to know who to call, and we need to know what to do in a moments notice. Well this is Coupeville, and EVERYONE knows to call Phyllis when in doubt, but the training is necessary.
I thought it would be great to get my sister involved in the CERT program and in the Red Cross. She is retired and wanting to do something, and this volunteer effort is right down her line. Well maybe some day after we get her through the water aerobics on Monday nights!!
I sure know what I am going to be doing when I retire!!

Everything can change in the blink of an eye.
But don't worry; God never blinks.