Saturday, August 27, 2005

Too much Catnip?????


I think I have been reading too much Stephen King novels when my cat begins to look like one of his subjects!! Dress her up, can't take her nowhere!! This is her favorite pose. Such a dainty modest little kitty cat.

Last night I went to my first band practice with the Praise team of my Church and played my drum. I was nervous and felt awkward, but they encouraged me to keep it up and come back for more. It was at a bachelors house and there was me (the drummer) Jim the guitar player and Phil the keyboard player. I went there at 7:30 and we played Christian music for our Church. An hour later it started to get dark and I felt weird. I used to go to guys houses and drink and sing while they played guitars and drank. I'd get drunk and end up in some guys bed. Well that was 30 years ago and I am sober now. I decided to leave around 8:30 as it was getting dark. I went to the door and Phil said to wait until the light comes on and I said "Oh I can see" as I stepped out the door I didn't see the first step so I ended up dancing sideways across the porch giggling like a girl!! As I was getting closer to the other steps I was giggling harder. I was carrying my huge conga drum and the weight of it finally helped me right myself and I got my balance just as I got to the steps, and I gracefully went down the steps and to my car. I yelled back over my shoulder "Ya shoulda seen me when I was drinking"!! I could hear him giggling as he shut his door. Hmmmpppf!
I went straight to my AA meeting and shared my experience. I didn't want to drink, but it brought me back to my wild and crazy young drinking days, and I was feeling kinda odd remembering those days and the guys I knew. I'll go back now that I know what to expect and probably play better. I think it will take quite a few practices before I get to the point of feeling comfortable and playing it in Church. Who knows. But it sure was fun!!

It isn't always enough to be forgiven by others.
Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.