Friday, April 22, 2005

Flowers leading the way.


I came home from a meeting last night at 8:30 PM and saw this trail of flowers leading me to my door.
I have a special friend named Chris an 11 year old Mexican boy that has adopted me as his Grandma I guess. He is the most polite kid I have known and very thoughtful! I told this before but I'll repeat it.
I met him on March 2nd. I had an epidural steroid injection on my lower spine for pain I have been living with. I was at home and very cranky and feeling upset. My health had been bad for the past 6 months and I was at my wits end. I couldn't make it to Bible study that night so the gals decided to come over to my house instead. It was 6:00 and I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door and there stood two little Mexcican boys. I said "ok, what're you selling"? They said "nothing, we brought you flowers because you are such a nice person". Well my heart melted immediately, and I invited them in. The gals from my Bible study started showing up and I introduced them all then the boys left.
That night the gals asked me if I would mind if they annointed me and prayed for me. I was speachless. I'm new at this Church stuff and didn't really know what to say, but I was hurting and at my lowest, so I said ok. They did the praying and I felt absolutely awesome. I cannot explain it, but I felt warm inside and euphoric. (they explained it was the Holy Spirit entering my body). The very next day my blood sugars started dropping and from that day on I have been off of insulin. I have lost 40 pounds and I can breathe again without feeling like I was going to faint! I'm not foolish enough to say I will leave it all up to God now, because I do know I am Diabetic and can go right back on insulin and be right back where I was, but God gave me that kick start I needed! I thank the Lord daily for what he has given me.
I do believe he sent me a guardian angel in the likes of an 11 year old boy.
Life is goooooood!
Chris visits me every single day.

Pain and Suffering is inevitable
but Misery is optional.

No comments: