Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Look out, here comes the winds!

Well tomorrow we are anticipating strong winds and heavy rain. We'll see what really hits us. Sometimes when they predict a dangerous storm, we get nothing. But just in case, all my flashlights have fresh batteries, candles are out and I found some matches.
Here is what they predicted:
Forecast for Admiralty Inlet Area (that's me)

High Wind Warning in effect from 6 am to 6 PM PDT Thursday...

Thursday
Rain in the morning...then showers in the afternoon. Very windy. Highs in the upper 40s to mid 50s. Southeast wind 30 to 40 mph with gust to 60 mph.
Ok, brace yourselves!
I actually like storms. I love to drive out to the beaches and watch the huge waves hit the driftwood and splash over the roads. I like to watch the eagles and seagulls fly in place against the wind. I like it when the lights flicker and I light the candles and bundle up with a good book. Well I don't bundle up with the book, it would be a bit scratchy, I use my down throw to bundle up with and grab a good book to read.
I don't like the damage to personal property and injuries to people.
Well I must get to bed and get some great sleep before the big storm tomorrow!

All of us could take a lesson from the weather.
It pays no attention to criticism.