Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hodge-Podge

The spiders are out and the fog has settled in. It was 38 degrees last night when I went to bed about midnight. The Canadian Geese are here for the Winter I believe, as they fly over my house every morning and evening. I love their sound.

I had a busy week at work, and went to AA last night to get "re-charged". My friend Ken that I blogged about on Aug 31 passed away on Sunday morning. We will miss him dearly. He was the "Rock" at our AA meetings. He had 28 years sobriety and hardly ever missed a Friday night. He was there for the newcomers when they walked in the doors and he offered them coffee, showed them a chair and gave them a list of phone numbers to call for support. He made everyone feel welcome when they walked in the doors. He will be up at them "Pearly Gates" to greet us when we pass on to the next life.

I went to lunch today with a group of AA gals and had some fun. Now I am tired and ready for a nap.

I read Leslie's blog last night and my heart dropped to my toes. She had some bad news from her doctor. Go read her message. Please keep her in your prayers for a complete healing! Dang, I hate to hear news like that!! She is a strong gal and will beat this I'm sure.
Well on that note I will close for the day, and leave you with this funny I got in an e-mail:

A lady walked into a Lexus dealership just to browse.

Suddenly she spotted the most beautiful car that she had ever seen and walked over to inspect it. As she bent forward to feel the fine leather upholstery, an unexpected little fart escaped. Embarrassed, she anxiously looked around to see if anyone had noticed and hoped a salesperson hadn't been near. But, as she turned back, there, standing next to her, was a salesman.


With a pleasant smile he greeted her, 'Good day, Madame. How may we help you today?' Trying to maintain an air of sophistication and acting as though nothing had happened, she smiled back and asked, 'Sir, what is the price of this lovely vehicle?' Still smiling pleasantly, he replied, 'Madame, I'm very sorry to say that, if you farted simply from touching it, you are going to shit when you hear the price.'