Sunday, September 09, 2007

The weekend is over

Ahhh, I had a 2 hour nap today. It felt great!
Yesterday's Luncheon was a HUGE success! We had 106 gals show up. The biggest one yet. They came from Duvall, Seattle, Marysville, Vashon Island, Orcas Island, Freeland, Clinton, Langley, Anacortes, Sedro Wooley, Mount Vernon, Burlington, Kirkland, Custer....and many more. It started out as a small get together for women in Alcoholics Anonymous on Whidbey Island here 23 years ago. It grew and we handed it to the South Whidbey group to take over with about 35-40 gals attending in the Methodist Church in Langley. They handed it back to us (me) in 2004 and that year 55 attended and we were excited. The next year was 75, last year 95, and this year 106!! The CPO Club can have about 200 total so we are safe for a few more years. Some people think it is hard to put one together. I put together a "tickler" book the first year keeping track of what we did in what timeline, and who needs to do what. Each year I just bring up the task list and have a lunch with anyone wanting to help, and the rest takes care of itself. The most stressful part is hoping everyone will pay me and show up. Each year I stress out about a week before the Luncheon, then by the Luncheon date everyone pays and shows up and fun is had by ALL!! (Even me)! So next year if you hear of me stressing out about a week before the luncheon, just remind me that it will end up just fine. Have FAITH!!
Each evening I can hear the Canadian Geese fly over. Those Canadians sure are a noisy bunch!! It sounds good to me. It means Fall is heading this way and the Geese are coming closer to home for the Winter. The mornings are foggy and I can lay in bed hearing the fog horns from the Admiralty Inlet. It won't be long before we get our first frost then the Storms. I love this time of year.

Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.