Monday, September 24, 2007

My "Felted Purse"


This is my first attempt at felting a purse. This is the before picture. I crocheted a purse 27' wide by 17' deep with wool yarn. I then threw it in the washer with the hottest water and washed it. It shrunk to nearly half it's size (which I wanted).
I made the handle first and washed it and it didn't shrink very much length wise but shrank half it's size in width. I sewed the handle on with a pocket in it for a cell phone. I sewed the handle all around the purse for sturdiness. The top was warped which disappointed me, but I sewed a gather at the top and I like the outcome. I had some left over from the handle and made a pocket in the inside. I used some velcro to close it. I cut a strip of the loopy side and folded it over glue side to glue side, and it works GREAT as a closure on top. It took 8 2 and a half balls of Lion Brand "Lion Wool Prints" yarn to make the purse, and about 4 days.
TA-DA.

Some people are like a slinky...
Not really good for anything,
but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.