Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas!


Boy, if you just cannot get into the spirit, and need to fill your heart with joy, get a few friends and go Christmas Caroling at the local nursing home!
I announced at Church that I am going Caroling, and if anyone wants to join me to meet at 6:30 at the nursing home. Well 10 people showed up and I made them wear my funky hats. We spent two hours singing to the folks there, going from room to room. Some asked for more songs, and most were crying (as we were too). Only one guy told us to leave his room, and he was in his 40's. Something tells me he has a story so I will go visit him next week and try to lighten his heart.
The Pastor and his wife and grandson joind us and they had a ball! The grandson didn't know if he'd like this or not, but he ended up having a ball! My friend Debbie found the man of her dreams, but he doesn't seem to go anywhere. He just stays in one spot and has this silly grin on his face!


We all came to my house after and had hot cocoa.
I have a feeling that we are going to do this again next year!

Go read Keewee's post. It is hilarious!!

Merry Christmas Everyone,
Remember, Jesus is the reason for the season!