Saturday, February 14, 2004

Valentines Day

I had a great Valentines Day today! I took my friend Hannah (88 years old) to lunch via Paratransit bus. She is in a wheelchair and cannot get up and transfer to another chair so it is very difficult taking her anywhere unless we use the Paratransit bus. They picked us up at the door of the nursing home and took us to the door of the restaurant! What better service is there? We had a great lunch and she even had some homemade Keylime Pie!!
I came home around 4:00 and took a nap.
The Concrete man called and gave me the estimate on my yard. $850.00 to prepare the yard and pour the concrete. The area is about 12x12 plus a strip of about 12x4. It is shaped like an L.
He will need to move the bricks I had put down (weeds grew around the brick). It is hard work, so I think it is a deal. I will have that done in a few weeks. The rest of the yard will need some attention later this Spring. One bit at a time.
I'm excited to get it all done.
Thank you all for the nice Valentines greetings!!