Thursday, February 12, 2004

Spring is just around the corner!

Awesome is all I can say about today! I was up and out early today and got to see the sunrise this morning around 7:00AM. It got up to 60 degrees and the sun was out all day with the slightest breeze. The mountains were all in their glory!! I was sitting at my desk and could hear the Eagles screaming at each other all day.

I called a concrete person and asked for an estimate for my back yard. I am going to put a concrete patio and gravel the rest. Then I can put whiskey barrel planters out if I want some flowers or shrubs. The dirt here is NOT! I have hard pan clay and rock that grows wild grass like crazy!! I hate it when I try to pull the grass and the roots are clear to China!!! So then I just say to heck with it and leave it. Then the next thing I know the entire back yard is full of horrible weeds and I feel guilty. I love sitting outside on a patio in the summer. So I will meet that goal either this year or next. Then I am getting my laminate floors put in my house. So I guess no vacation this year!!

The girls are over again this afternoon. I gave them a box of old costume jewelry to play with, and they are watching "Watership Down". I used to love going through old women's jewelry boxes when I was young. Oh heck, I STILL like to go through jewelry boxes. So if I ever come over to your house, look out!! And make-up!! I love going through make-up bags and perfumes. Ok so I am snoopy!! I just love going through things.....always have. In the 70's it used to be medicine cabinets & liquor cabinets. Now it is refrigerators & closets! I can't help myself!! When I was 15 I had a friend that lived up the street. Their house was so clean and organized (like Leslie's). I was always amazed that they had wall to wall carpets and drapes!! We had the cheap plastic curtains that got shredded when the kittens chased each other up them!! And she had her underwear all folded up and in her dresser. Dresser? What's that? HAHAHAHA We were raised different, ok? I am somewhat organized now. Well I better give the girls some attention.
Until next time....