Friday, February 20, 2004

FRIDAY!!

My favorite day!!! I only worked four hours today. I had a late meeting last night with the Health Department so I got to get off early. I have a friend that had a minor operation yesterday and needed a ride home from the Hospital, so I drove into Seattle and got him. It only took four hours round trip including two ferry rides.

I see a friend of ours is having a tough time. We can only offer suggestions and love, she needs to do the footwork herself. Like Wanda said, the Serenity Prayer works!
"God, Grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the Wisdom to know the Difference."
Amen
If a person drinks or does drugs, they wanted to. If they reach out for help we can offer love and suggestions, but they have to do the footwork. So what if you slipped!!! Pick up your butt and get on with life!! It is a "One day at a time" program. I have 16 years sober, but the last 24 hours is the most important, period!!
I do not judge people their problems. I offer as much support as I can, and hope they follow the guidelines and help themselves.
Seeing and hearing people and their struggles keeps me sober. I am one sip away from being there myself!!
So if you are reading this Faith, it is not the end of the world if you slipped off the wagon. Some day your story may help someone struggling like you are. If you did not slip, then please call me...email me...get in touch with me and tell me what happened so I can help you. I sent you some phone numbers to call this morning for AA in Georgia. Call one of them and get some help!!
I really care about you Faith, as we all do. God Bless!!