Saturday, September 04, 2010

Whew, a long weekend!

What a week! I spent most of it helping my 94 year old next door neighbor Florence, prepare and move into an assisted living facility. She has lived next door to me for 20 years, and she is like a mother to me. I think it has been harder on me than her daughters. Well maybe not, but it hasn't been easy. I wanted to take time off from work but there is too much going on with training, so I didn't. Florence moved on Monday. Her daughter came up from Oregon and stayed in Florence's house until this morning, then she went home. It's weird coming home and seeing the dark house, and not seeing Florence yelling "hi" to me. We talk alot on the phone, and I assured her that I will still go get her during storms and go to the beach and watch the waves wash up on the driftwood. I will still take her to the dollar store. I will visit her every Friday before my AA meeting. Maybe sometimes drag her along to the meeting with me. She likes that. If I see the northern lights I will call her and maybe drive into Oak Harbor and get her to see them with me. She is a joy.

Yesterday I went to my boss's house at 4:00am to babysit her three girls. 7, 10 & 11 year olds. I didn't get any sleep before going there so I was ready for a nap on the couch when I got there. The girls got up at 5:00am and entertained me. I fell asleep and they painted my fingernails a pea soup green. The little darlings! (I knew they were doing that so I played along). I got home at 3:00pm then made dinner for a friend then we went to Bible study at 7:00pm. I got home around 8:30 and got to bed at 10:00pm. I am ready for three days of SOLITUDE!!

My sister is mad at me because she wants us to go to her son's new wife's daughter's baby shower. I guess she is his step daughter. I don't even know her so I declined on going because I just need to take a rest. I am getting too old to burn the candle at both ends any more and work a fulltime job. They live in Bellingham and that is an hour and a half drive. She'll get over it.

Well it is 1:30am and I am just now winding down. Time to crochet for an hour or so then hit the hay and sleep until noon tomorrow! Ahhhhhh.

1 comment:

Anji said...

I always feel worn out reading you and your sister's posts. I don't know how you fit everything in. Hope you had a good rest.