Monday, September 13, 2010

Stray cats







I started feeding a mom and 3 kittens about three months ago now I have another mom and 3 kittens eating at my house along with about 6 neighbor's cats. I looked out the window today and found one of the kittens sleeping in an old planter on my fence, and another three sleeping on one of my lawn chairs. Two of them ran when they saw me come out. I can't help but feed them, they are wild, and it really pisses me off that people let their cats run loose and multiply then they say it isn't their cat, and leave them running wild. well the cats love me so much they stay near the house and I have no mice, and the cats go over the fence to use the dirt. (I have gravel). I am going to fix up a little shelter for them lined with carpet and a removable top to clean. When they get used to that and more comfortable with me I will trap them and take them to WAIF (the local shelter) and hgave them fixed.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you! I'm so glad you're taking care of those babies. And the pic of the kitten in the planter is so cute! I'm only caring for one stray right now. He won't let me touch him, so I might have to try a humane trap. Want to get him in for neutering and shots. And I've just heard about another cat that has been abandoned on my street. I've been looking for her.

Anji said...

It's sad how people abandon them. I can understand why you fall in love with them all

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

ah bless :)
a little mini caboodle ranch :)

good for you Ms Phyllis :)

Anonymous said...

Those dear furry kitties are so lucky to have found you. Bless you for taking care of them.