Friday, June 06, 2008

Whatcha thinkin?

Me, staring at the wall.
Mike: "Whatcha thinkin?"
Me: "I was thinking I'm wondering if Elliott is sleeping on my pillow right now."
Mike: (giggle)
Me: "What are YOU thinking?"
Mike: pause..."I was wondering what it is going to feel like.........................when I die"
Me: swallowing a huge lump in my throat..."Well I think you will probably be so doped up you won't even know."
Mike: "Oh yeah."
Me: (speaking in a soft whisper) "From what I have read from near death experiences, people have felt themselves being swooped in a tunnell with a brilliant light at the end and when they pass through the light they will see Jesus, and their family that passed before them. They will immediately forget the pain and stress and feel this awesome peace."
Mike: "Yeah?"
Me: "Oh yeah, I truly, truly believe this."
Silence................(tears falling from both of our eyes, me squeezing his hand.)

This was said on Monday night about 2:00am as Mike was laying on the gurney in the ER waiting for the doctor to release him.
He had an immense chemo treatment on Monday morning and went home and puked every hour on the hour until about 9:00pm when Sherry took him in to the ER. They gave him some IV treatment, some antinausea drugs and pain medicine. He was released at 3:00am and I took him home. The next day at 3:00pm Sherry took him back to the ER, and we took turns sitting by his side. I came back from my AA meeting at 9:30 and let Sherry go home, and I asked the nurse if they are going to release him or keep him. They decided to keep him until the next day so we all could get some rest. That was about 12:30am. He was released from the hospital at 3:00 the next afternoon.
This is only the beginning.
Bless his heart, I hate to see him suffer like this. The tumors are beginning to invade his colon and pressing on his stomach. I told Sherry we need to ask the doctor for instructions on what to do at the house in case this happens again.

I drove up to Bellingham yesterday and it was 45 degrees and pouring rain. It is June 6th fergoodnesssakes!! I can hear my tomato plants shivering out in the garden!! But my roses are enjoying the cool and wet weather. The slugs and snails are having parties at night!!
There are tornadoes in the East, heat waves in Texas. Yikes, what is going on?

Whose idea was it to put an 'S' in the word 'Lisp'?