Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good Friday

I had a busy week, and of course my weekend will be just as busy.
Today I cleaned off my desk and actually finished off a bunch of "things to do" that had piled up for the past few months while I was busy training new drivers.
I met a friend for dinner and then went to my AA meeting to help Doreen celebrate 25 years of sobriety!! She was 19 years old when she decided to turn her life around and enter alcoholics anonymous. She is only 44 years old and looks 30! She calls me her sponsor and calls me at least twice a week. That is how you "work the program". You get a sponsor, don't drink, go to meetings and help others that want to get sober. Period. It is that simple. Life has its struggles, and yes you might have suicidal thoughts at times, but do not put alcohol as an option to make things better. Period. We had chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting (YUM) at half time.
I got home at 10:00pm and called a friend from Church and we sat here and watched "The Passion of The Christ". Of course we sat here in total silence with tears rolling down our faces. He died for our sins, folks! As I watched the nails being pounded into his flesh, I felt it! I remembered too many of my sins. I pray and asked forgiveness knowing he died for my sins and I will be accepted in Heaven. That is one thing I am so thankful for with my brother. He is suffering in his Cancer but he has eternal hope! He will die here, but will live on in eternity.
Thank you dear God, Thank you!
Tomorrow I am teaching a First Aid/CPR/AED class for about 30 people at work.

My friend that watched The Passion with me and I are going up to Sunnyside Cemetery Sunday morning at 6:30 to watch the sunrise service put on by the Methodist Church, then have breakfast, then on to our normal 10:00 service at our Church. It sounds weird having a service at the Cemetery but it is on a slope and looks East. Jesus died on a hill so it is actually quite appropriate. If we have an earthquake at that time I will crap my pants!
I will more than likely have a nap after that then on to my brother's house for a late afternoon Easter Dinner. My sister is going to Bellingham to visit with her son that day.
Monday I have off to catch up on some MUCH NEEDED REST!!

I pray you all will have a great Easter weekend!

God Bless.