Friday, November 23, 2007

Leftovers???

Ahh, the food was great!! My favorite part of the turkey is the crispy skin!! YUM!
Okay, so it isn't the best for you, but it is good! I must be part southern or somethin!
Last night I was reading in bed and had the great idea to get a big honkin turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce. I jumped out of bed, opened the refrigerator and realized I don't have any turkey!! DANG, I went to my sister's house and didn't bring any leftovers home. I left all my goodies there but didn't grab some white meat for a sandwich. Oh well, I guess today I'll cook the 12# turkey I bought the other day for $3.00!! Yep, 23 cents a pound. Good ole Albertson's!

So what is your favorite left over recipe?

I have two...Turkey salad is one.
Chop up the leftover turkey pieces (white & dark), chop up a small sweet pickle, chop up some celery, salt pepper and mayonnaise. The restaurant I worked at in 1967 always had turkey salad sandwiches the day after turkey dinner and it always sold out. I like to put jellied cranberry sauce on the sandwich too.

My other favorite is turkey enchiladas.
get flour tortillas, limp them in hot oil and pat dry, put chopped white turkey, and some shredded cheese,some chopped onions (or not) roll them up and place them in a casserole dish. Fill the dish, then pour a can of green chili enchilada sauce over it, cook in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or so. Put sour cream over the entire top of the casserole then top off with more grated cheese. Put back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
I can't wait.

Well I am off to Mount Vernon to Costco. WHY?......just 'cause.