Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sherry & I went to a Christian Women's retreat last weekend and had a great time! The grounds are manicured and at this time of year it was remarkable! Geese were swimming in the lake in the rain. It was actually snowing when we drove in friday night, but it was just a dusting.
There was a big meeting room where us gals gathered to fellowship, so I spent most of my time crocheting and petting "Reggie" the camp cat. He was a real gentle soul. He took to me right away and we were pals for the weekend.


I worked Monday & Tuesday and took today off to get things ready to take to Marysville tomorrow. My sister's daughter Donna is having Thanksgiving at her house. It will be interesting, as she has a house about the size of mine which is SMALL. There will be 13 of us there. I am taking deviled eggs which might end up as egg salad if I slam on the brakes! HAHAHA. I am also taking green bean casserole and cranberry relish. I baked a small 10# turkey today so I can have a sandwich tomorrow night NUM!

You all have a safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I am going to take the rest of the night to reflect on all that I am thankful for, which is alot. I am very blessed!
God Bless you all.

9 comments:

Anji said...

Have a lovely Thanksgiving together.

Dick said...

I guess that it is now almost after the fact but I also hope your holiday was enjoyable. Mine has been a lot better this year with my oldest home rather than in Afghanistan as he was last Thanksgiving.

Mary Lou said...

How did you get your blog to look right again?

Donna said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Girl!! I like Regie!hahaa..hughugs

Nishant said...

I also hope your holiday was enjoyable

Work from home India

Sally said...

Miss you, Phyl!! Hope you're doing well. (((hugs)))

Anji said...

Hello Phyllis, just checking in to say that I hope that you are well.

Donna said...

Missing you Miz Phyllis!
hughugs

Donna said...

Happy Easter Friend!!!
hughugs