Monday, June 28, 2010

GREED

GREED:TO COVET OR DESIRE WHAT BELONGS TO OTHERS -- TO HAVE AN UNHEALTHY APPETITE FOR WEALTH OR MATERIAL POSSESSIONS -- TO HAVE A CONSTANT HUNGER FOR RICHES.

1. Are you really content with the things you have?

2. Are you constantly "running after" more and better things?

3. If you never have any more things or money than you have now (assuming the cost of living would remain the same), would you be content to live your life this way?

4. Does the "good life" mean having more things, more money?

5. Do you envy your neighbor if he gets a new car, new TV, etc.?

6. Do you give thanks to God for only the good things that you have?

7. What is your greatest material possession? Would you give that up if it meant helping a total stranger? Why?

8. Are you honestly concerned with doing something to help those who are less fortunate than you?

9. Do I give gladly or grudgingly to the work of God and A.A.?

10. Do I give gladly or grudgingly to other benevolent work that is done in our community?

11. Do I really think that God owes me luxuries, just because others may have them?

12. What am I going to do with my greed?

13. How will I maintain contentment and overcome the temptation of greed?

No comments: