Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A New Year....Same ole weather!

Good grief, yesterday we had alot of wind. In fact for two days we had alot of wind! The power went out at work for almost three hours, so we all sat around yakking and my boss ordered pizzas, then the power came on. Isn't it strange that we think of food during a crisis, and it cheers people up? I am going to make another trip to Walmart to get a few more battery lamps for back-up. I just listened to the weather report and they mentioned a few snowflakes. WHAAA???? This is unheard of here! I am not complaining one bit, I love the stuff, but it certainly is an unusual Winter here. (must be them terrorist folks)!

I came home tonight and the power started to fade. It didn't go completely off, but it faded then came back on, so I turned the 'puter off just in case.
I had my Bible study class here anyway. We meet every Wednesday night at 7pm. We are studying the letters from Paul. Right now we are on 1 Corinthians. It is amazing what I am learning. I've never studied the Bible before. The messages are great even if a person doesn't believe in Jesus as their saviour. (Which I do). It teaches us to be kind, to treat your body good, and I LOVE the message about marriage in 1 Corinthians 7:28 "If you have a wife, do not end the marriage, but if you do not have a wife, do not get married. But if you do get married, it is not a sin. However, I am trying to spare you the extra problems that come in marriage".

HAHAHAHA after a friend (A pastor) has been harping on me to get out there and date and find a man to marry!

Ah, tomorrow is Thursday already! I just love these short weeks.

"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize,
Oh my God.... I could be eating a slow learner."
~ Lynda Montgomery