Thursday, April 28, 2005

Wanna Ride?


It's Thursday!!!

Whooo Whooo!!!! Tomorrow is my favorite day!
I thought this picture was appropriate for my blog since I teach people how to drive a bus for public transportation!

I'm in the middle of teaching 3 great people, and it is rather humbling seeing their fresh faces and excitement when they get behind the wheel and drive around learning the routes with me. I remember when I was hired. I was 37 years old, quit drinking in June, left my husband in July, working as a bartender at night, part time ambulance 24 hours on Sundays. November rolled by and the company was forming and they advertised for bus drivers. I was reading the want ads in the bar one night looking for hope, and saw the ad. I said "That is for me!!" benefits! retirement, health insurance, vacation pay, sick pay! WOW!! Some people laughed at the thought of me driving a bus! Well to all those people who laughed, it is now 17 1/2 years later, and I am now TEACHING people how to drive a 35 foot bus!! Nanner Nanner!

Life is goooood!

I went into my lawyer's office and said, "I heard people have sued the tobacco companies for giving them lung cancer, and McDonald's for making them fat."

My lawyer says, "Yes, that's true."

I said, "Well, I'm interested in suing too."

My lawyer says, "Okay, McDonald's, or the tobacco companies?"

I said,
"Neither I'm suing Budweiser for all the ugly men I've slept with."

No comments: