Saturday, September 11, 2004

In Rememberence

This is a somber day in rememberence of the Terrorist attack on the US 3 years ago!
Although it happened on US soil it was an attack on the entire world!
Life as we knew it before the attacks no longer exists. We no longer feel as safe as we did traveling.
At work we have classes on pre-tripping the buses before we take them out.
We now look for "suspicious things" under the buses.
At the Ferries there are State Patrol searching the cars and trucks.
Thousands of people died on September 11, 2001 right before our eyes!!
My sister called me in the morning and told me to turn on the news. I did and saw the horrific sight of the first tower burning. I then saw the second plane hit the second tower, and people jumping out of windows to their deaths to escape the horrific pain of burning to death! I was glued to the television all week watching it all!!

I taped the documentary of the events that was shown in March 2002.
Engine 7 Ladder one was the first to arrive at the scene of the twin towers and there was a cameraman with them taping a documentary of a rookie firefighter on the job. The documentary was taped inside the towers and with the firefighters on the job. It was by accident that they were taping that day, but it was incredible footage!! As a firefighter myself, I can see some mistakes made but under the circumstances, we all would just go about our business and save as many people as we could not thinking of our own safety!
My prayers are with the survivors and families of all the heroes of that day, along with all the innocent people that went to work that morning unaware of their fate and ultimately died!

I cannot imagine witnessing that in person!!

I pray this will never happen again! Ever. Anywhere!!
AMEN!

No comments: